Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome!

To my dear sisters in Christ,

I’m starting this blog for the purpose of sharing my life with you. Over the years I’ve realized that some of the best books I’ve ever read, movies I’ve watched, or songs I’ve heard were those based off of someone’s real life experience. I love heroes that make mistakes. I can identify with them. I’m also slowly learning that life is full of little things. When we look back over our time spent here on earth, what do you think we’ll remember? Vacations or degree’s we’ve earned? Promotions at work or magazine’s we’ve been published in? Or will the bulk of our memories cherish Mom’s listening ear, or the home we lived in for 30 years. How about friends that loved us and our close walk with the Lord? Memories aren’t made up of what is perfect. But I think those seemingly monotonous, unglamorous days, will produce the richest parts of our lives.

My prayer for this blog, is that, number one, I’ll actually write in it:) And number two, that it will be an encouragement to all who read it in the months to come.

My hope is that you’ll see a girl who isn’t perfect, (yep, I’m a selfish sinner too.) But who’s searching heart always brings her back to the cross of her Savior.

I know it doesn’t sound theologically correct, but I often feel like I’m being redeemed daily!

Please write to me and comment all you like on these posts. Wisdom comes from having many counselors, and you may have an insight to offer!

May the Lord bless and keep you as we both take “the road less traveled…”

In Christ,

Sarah M.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! It was a blessing to receive your email letting us all know about your blog. I am touched by yoiur "Welcome" post and egerly look forward to future postings. P.S. It was such a blessing to see you and your family again earlier this month! Love you and praying for you ~ Melody

    ReplyDelete